Professors Jeff Dyer of Brigham Young University and Hal Gregersen of Insead surveyed more than 3,000 creative executives and found that many of these out-of-the-box thinkers shared five mental traits that promoted creativity. What are they?
- Associating ??? a cognitive skill that allows creative people to make connections across seemingly unrelated questions, problems, or ideas.
- Questioning ??? an ability to ask ???what if???, ???why???, and ???why not??? questions that challenge the status quo and open up the bigger picture.
- Observing ??? an ability to closely observe details, particularly the details of people???s behavior.
- Experimenting ??? innovative people are always trying on new experiences and exploring new worlds.
- Networking ??? creative people are really good at networking with smart people who have little in common with them, but from whom they can learn.